FOOD & WATER:
Saturday, October 28, 2017
Riders should arrive between 7:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
The start is located at the Tonopah Valley High School Administration building.
The finish is also at Tonopah Valley High School.
Assuming riders will be coming on I-10 Westbound:
* Take the exit for Wintersburg Road.
* Turn right at the light at the bottom of the freeway exit.
* Go north to the ”T” intersection at Indian School Road.
* Turn left and go about 100 yards to the start/finish, drop-off, and parking areas.
The parking area will be within the gates of Tonopah Valley High School.
If you have already registered and paid for your ride, go to the tables marked “PRE-REGISTERED RIDERS” to pick up your ride packet.
If you need to register onsite, go to the tables marked “ON-SITE REGISTRATION,” complete an on-site registration form, take the form to the volunteers, pay for your ride, and pick up your ride packet.
* FREE water and fruit will be available for all riders at the start/finish area.
The ride is SAG supported and has two rest stops. The rest stops will be stocked with water, fruit, and porta-potties.
The first rest stop is at 20 miles and is shared by the Red and Blue riders.This is Arlington Elementary School;
The second rest stop is at 40 miles and is shared by Red, Blue, and Green riders. This is at 411th Ave & Indian School:
Review your ride packet. Inside it, you will find:
* Route maps—preview your route and the location of rest stops
* Phone number to call for bike repair during the ride. Trek Bicycle Store and REI techs will be onsite.
Once you have registered and are ready to start your ride, proceed down the loop you have selected. Look for the chalk markings and directional arrows on the road.
* 13 mile riders will leave going west.
* 40 mile and 60 mile riders will leave going east.
ALL RIDERS ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE ROAD. There are stop signs and intersections along the course. It is expected that all riders will obey the rules of the road and ride accordingly.
While the ride routes are well marked with road chalk, there are two cattle guards that need to be crossed. Our test riders have told us that they are easy to cross, but take the care you need. By registering for this event you are agreeing to the terms of the liability waiver document signed at registration.
The route closes at 2:00 pm. All riders still out on the routes will be given the choice of finishing the route on their own, or being picked up and returned to the start/finish area.
*This form will be at registration so this is just in case you would like to review it.